|Please help support our site by clicking through on this ad
They have the best deals on hosting your own web site!
COAST TO COAST 2003 FISTS Clubs QSO Party
Please use the FISTS QSL Bureau for your
See this year's results CLICK HERE!
Master List of C2C Participating Clubs (56 of them!)
If you have questions contact the C2C Coordinator, Paul Beringer, NG7Z: FistsC2C@yahoo.com
2003 Coast to Coast Event Rules and Station Guidelines
Click here to jump to Awards info
Remember! You don't have to be a FISTS member to participate! Non-members can use club points (3 points per club)
towards FISTS awards when they join FISTS later.
New this year! Each first QSO with a club gives you
a point multiplier. See Scoring rule below.
- Purpose: To contact as many FISTS clubs as possible.
- Mode: CW Only.
- Contest dates --- Runs 24 hours September 14th 0000 - 2400 ZULU
(PDT 5 PM Saturday to 5 PM Sunday).
Clubs will operate to their own schedules. They are not required to
be on the air the entire 24 hours of the event.
- Bands: 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters. We encourage Clubs to use the
Novice segments also. Sorry, no WARC bands.
Clubs will call near regular
- Only FISTS clubs will call. Clubs will call --- "CQ C2C"
- Exchange --- Clubs and operators exchange the following elements:
- FISTS Members and Clubs:RST, Name, State (or 2 character prefix if DX),
and FISTS number. Clubs: Send only your club's FISTS number.
- U.S. Example: 579, Stan, VA, 2934
- DX Example: 599, Ralph, ZL, 1073
- Non-FISTS: RST, Name, State, and Power (be sure to suffix with 'W').
- U.S. Example: 459, Bill, OR, 50W
- DX Example: 569, Yuri, UA, 100W
- Scoring: Points for C2C awards are accrued as follows Ė
- 1 point for each club worked on each band, once per band
(which means a maximum of 5 QSO points for any club since there
are 5 bands available).
- For each individual club worked you accrue one multiplier point.
The maximum possible number of multiplier points would equal the number of
- To calculate your final score, multiply the total number of C2C QSOs
times your multiplier points.
- You had 20 club QSOs total. Those 20 QSOs were with 12 of the
participating clubs (remembering that only one club QSO per band counts).
Thus, your final score is your multiplier, 12, times the total QSOs, 20 = 12
X 20 = 240 C2C points. 12 clubs qualifies for the Silver C2C Certificate.
- You worked 15 clubs. 10 of those clubs you worked on one band, 5 you
worked on 2 bands. Your total QSOs are 10 + (5 x 2)= 20 QSOs. Since you
worked 15 clubs total, your final score is 15 X 20 = 300 C2C points. 15 clubs
qualifies for the Gold C2C Certificate.
- You worked 20 clubs once on one of the 5 bands. You got an additional 25
club QSOs on other bands than the first band you worked them on. Your
multiplier is then 20 and you made 45 club QSOs total. Your final score is
20 times 45 = 900 C2C points. 20 clubs qualifies for the Platinum C2C Certificate.
Remember, you can only count a single club once per band. If you worked a
club on one band, you canít count a QSO with that club again on the same
- Club operators, please note this special rule: Club operators count any
exchange with another club to your club and personal C2C QSO count. Example:
If you are using your club's call and are called by another club, both club
operators count C2C points for their club and themselves without the operators
using their own home calls in the QSO. This rule is intended to reward our club
volunteer ops without the need for confusing "double-call QSOs" or separate QSOs
while you are pounding brass on behalf of your club. CAVEAT: The home call points in this example only count
toward the operator's C2C point count and can not be used for
FISTS Awards (e.g. Century), since the home calls were not actually
exchanged (see footnote below).
QSLs and Awards
Coast-to-Coast 2003 Certificates ordering information is
- All participating Clubs will handle their own logging and QSLs. Please, do
NOT submit QSLs or logs to claim a C2C Certificate.
Please QSL to Club contacted only (NOT to the contest organizers or FISTS HQ)!
Send points results to, Paul Beringer, NG7Z: FistsC2C@yahoo.com
- All contacts with Clubs will count toward regular FISTS awards
(FISTS clubs are worth 3 points each), as applicable.
In addition, special Coast-to-Coast certificates can be ordered by any
participants who work the following
number of clubs (NOTE: log submittal is NOT required, nor desired):
A minimum of 5 Clubs ---- Bronze Certificate
For contact of 10 Clubs ---- Silver Certificate
For contact of 15 Clubs ---- Gold Certificate
For contact of 20 Clubs ---- Platinum Certificate
For contact of 25 Clubs ---- Diamond Certificate
Your certificate will be endorsed with the total number of C2C points your
earned according to the multiplier rule above. Point totals for top finishers
will be reported in the Keynote for informational purposes after the event.
Your certificate level is determined by the total number of
clubs contacted, not the total points attained.
All information on ordering
Coast-to-Coast 2003 Certificates is
Please use the FISTS QSL Bureau for your QSLs!!!
Footnote: Per Dennis Franklin, K6DF, FISTS HQ Awards Manager: Award points for FISTS awards
cannot be claimed unless you actually use your
own call for any QSO's that are used in your own award logs. That is the
way awards are issued by any and all organizations that have an operating
awards program. The FISTS awards program is based on that principal.
Copyright © 1998-2003 FISTS Northwest, Perez Zeledon, Costa Rica