Three FISTS clubs, three states, 3-letter suffixes, and 3 points for
working each station! What does that add up to?
The first annual West Coast Triple (WCT)!!
FISTS Northwest, K7FFF, the Vista Valley FISTS CW Club, K6FFF,
and the Cowlitz FISTS Club, WA7YYY, are teaming up
for this special event on September 19th, 1998. We need the help of
as many members as possible from all three clubs as well as participation from all
FISTS members to make this event a first-time success.
Besides the chance for other FISTS to earn 9 points in a short time, a member of K6FFF is going to issue a
special WCT certificate to operators
who work all three clubs and make application to Kerry Freeman, N6WU,
and supported by the clubs' logs. This certificate will only be issued to FISTS members. Please enclose
2 oz. worth of postage for your certificate. Donations to offset printing costs are greatly appreciated.
Following are the rules and procedures for all participants in the WCT:
- Dates and Times
Saturday, September 19th, 1998.
8 hours from 1:00 - 9:00 PM PDT (2000-0400Z)
- Band coverage
- 80, 40, 20, and 15 meters in the Advanced/General segments
and 40 and 15 meters in the Novice segments. Six segments total. The goal
is to have one operator from each club per band segment at any given time.
- Listen for "CQ WCT" or "CQ Triple". Clubs will try to call
near a FISTS frequency (ending in .x58, and on the Novice segments
near 7.108 and 21.108), but may be anywhere in the band segments.
- FISTS Members: RST, name, state, and FISTS number.
- Non-FISTS Members: RST, name, state.
- We want to encourage inexperienced as well as experienced operators
to participate and keep this a low-key event. This is NOT a contest,
the clubs are not competing and no multipliers or such are used. Please
feel free to ragchew, but keep it brief to give as many FISTS members as
possible a chance at earning the club points and WCT Certificate.
- All due courtesy will be given to QRP'rs and Novices!!
- FISTS Members: Please QSL via the FISTS buro, K4UK.
This will save
a lot of confusion and be the most efficient for everyone. Requests for
the WCT Certficate must be made (by FISTS members only) to
Kerry Freeman, N6WU.
- Non-FISTS: Please QSL directly to the club call and include an SASE.
Club Members Only
- Call: "CQ WCT" or "CQ Triple". You can add "FISTS" as well.
- Direct all contacts to "QSL via FISTS buro", period. This saves
a lot of confusion and will be the most efficient. The drawback, of
course, is that the club QSL managers have to sort out the cards
and logs, but that is probably the best way in any case.
- WCT club members use only your club call.
No doubling on personal calls (e.g. K7FFF/NA7U).
No other FISTS #s besides the club number, (e.g., FISTS Northwest nr 4400).
- Call near a regular FISTS frequency (ending in .x58) where possible.
- All courtesy to QRPrs and Novices means really trying to dig
them out when their signal is weak and get the full exchange. Keep your
ear out for slow fists and QRS for them.
- Keep a written log that will be sent to each Club Event Manager .
These are needed to verify applicants for the WCT Certificate and
individual QSL cards.
- Have lots of fun!! Also, keep in mind any improvements for next year.
Copyright © 1998-2001 FISTS Northwest, P.O. Box 981 Hillsboro, OR 97123